Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Trouble With Miss Switch





I don't know if any of you remember, but in 1980 there was something called the ABC Weekend Special and it was a Saturday morning cartoon showcase. Every week they would play a new story and two of my favorites when I was a kid were called "The Trouble With Miss Switch" and the sequel "Miss Switch to the Rescue"

They were about this little girl and boy who realize one day that their substitute teacher is a witch.

This is a sketch of Miss Switch in her day time school marm gear and her night time sexy witch duds.

You can watch the cartoons here if you want,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5CkBTH5l30
but just realize they do not hold up very well. Love the music though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I just ordered the cartoons from IOffer.com. I love your version of her much even more sexier than on the cartoon. I started reading the book to my students and they love her.

Jean Michel said...

Thank you so much! I've been meaning to get back to her one day to finish the illustration. Check back every now and again. She may be finished, yet.

Anonymous said...

Yes, beautiful drawings/illustrations! I love this cartoon and wish it was available to watch again online or something... :/

Jean Michel said...

Thank you. I believe you can watch it on YouTube, albeit a VERY bad quality version.
You can find a lot more of my updated projects here at DA: http://jeand-michel.deviantart.com/